Thursday 6 February 2014

Editing and Choosing a Photo for the cover

From my photoshoot I narrowed down to 2 photos. These are the 2 shown below:
 
 
I chose these 2 photos to test out both of my ideas for the cover. The one on the left i feel portrays all of the emotions I wanted to be shown on my cover, these are determination, seriousness and dubstep related. I did this by adding headphones and making sure that the facial expression shows these. The image is also quite striking however to increase the impact i would need to edit it.
 
The second image (the right image) was to use my idea of a mystery artist inside the magazine and this goes against a lot of conventions but i feel it would add to the mystery of the magazine aking people want to open it to find out who is inside. This image portrays the mystery behind who it could be but i made sure that you could clearly see the link to music using the clear outline of headphones. However this image could also need editing to change the backround colour to make it seem like more dubstep and night club lighting.
 
Here are my 2 photos again after editing:

 
 
On the left photo i have added some effects to create a more striking image. I have increased the brightness to make it catch the eye more, i have also added a shine on to the headphones, this makes it more obvious to you and adds to the musical ideology. the shine on the headphones also represents how it is new and the genre is new too. I have faded a lot of the body so it focuses you more on the face.
The image on the right i have changed the backround lighting to a light blue this is more of the colour you would see in a nightclub and i have made the shadow a lot more sharper so that it stands out a lot more.
 
 
Overall i think i will choose the image on the left. I think this is a very striking image and will catch the audience it also has a lot of connotations to music and dubstep. It is very explicit too, as it clearly shows what the magazine is about, whereas although a mystery would make people curious it may not make them curious enough to get the magazine and it may also make people have questions over what kind of magazine it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment